Short Term Goals ( 1 – 3 years)
- Hold a CCRE Kick-Off event in Fall 2020 that brings together faculty, students and community partners to develop relationships and provide space to grow research ideas.
- Develop an ongoing research partnering process that connects faculty, community partnerships and funding possibilities.
- Work with the Office of Sponsored Research and University Advancement to identify potential funding sources and facilitate 1-2 grant proposals.
- Facilitate monthly Social Science Research “Brown Bag” discussions for faculty and research assistants.
- Develop and present 2-3 professional development workshops targeting faculty and community partners.
- Develop Faculty Profiles to share online and in marketing materials.
- Develop a biannual research newsletter that presents Center’s activities and provides space for presentation of research.
Long Term Goals ( 4 – 6 years)
- Develop and maintain an annual “speed date” event to facilitate faculty and community partner relationships.
- Develop research consultations for non-profits and businesses, paid on a sliding scale.
- Develop trainings for corporate and community audiences on social science and Mission-related topics (for example, diversity trainings, community analysis, data tools).
- Continue facilitating research projects and grant proposals on a yearly basis.
- Hold a 5 year anniversary research conference that brings together faculty, student and community participants.